Criminal Justice Jobs Entry Level Fort Worth Texas Clerk I
TEXAS DEPARTMENT OF CRIMINAL JUSTICE are looking for individual for criminal justice jobs entry level in Fort Worth Texas for the post of Clerk I. TEXAS DEPARTMENT OF CRIMINAL JUSTICE are looking for motivated, enthusiastic and experienced individuals ready to take on the role of Clerk. Candidates must have Computer operations experience preferred. To be successful in this role you will be required to work well as a part of a team, ensuring that tasks are completed with efficiency and that everyone shares their knowledge and expertise to achieve the desired results.
CLOSES: 01-16-2020 – EXTENDED
JOB POSTING NO: 051010F2
PAYROLL TITLE: CLERK I
EXTENDED TITLE: Typing
SALARY: GR. A07 – ($1856.27 / Monthly)
VACANCY LOCATION: Fort Worth, TX
UNIT/DEPT: Parole Office II
PAYROLL JOB#: 730383
I. JOB SUMMARY
Performs routine clerical work. Work involves compiling and tabulating data; checking documents for
accuracy; transporting documents; and maintaining files. Works under moderate supervision with
limited latitude for the use of initiative and independent judgment.
II. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
A. Prepares and proofs correspondence, reports, manuals, records, and other related documents;
makes copies and maintains related files; assists in the preparation of technical reports and
manuals; and retrieves, transports, and distributes files for appropriate staff.
B. Files and maintains forms, records, and reports; compiles, organizes, and tabulates data;
performs data entry and retrieval; and posts information to agency records and modifies forms
C. Maintains logs of work progress, document processing, and other records; and opens and
distributes incoming mail and prepares mail-outs.
D. Answers telephones; responds to requests for information; and answers inquiries regarding
rules, regulations, policies, and procedures.
E. Performs criminal information searches and retrieval using Texas Department of Public Safety
criminal history system access.
* Performs a variety of marginal duties not listed, to be determined and assigned as needed.
III. MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
A. Education, Experience, and Training
1. Graduation from an accredited senior high school or equivalent or GED.
2. Clerical, secretarial, administrative support, or technical program support experience
3. Computer operations experience preferred.
* Must have or be able to obtain a certificate of course completion for the Texas Law
Enforcement Telecommunications System (TLETS) policy and procedures training from the
Texas Department of Public Safety within six months of employment date.
Must meet and maintain TLETS access eligibility for continued employment in position.
For details please click
B. Knowledge and Skills
1. Knowledge of office practices and procedures.
2. Knowledge of business terminology, spelling, punctuation, grammar, and arithmetic.
3. Knowledge of agency and departmental organizational structure, policies, procedures,
rules, and regulations preferred.
4. Skill to communicate ideas and instructions clearly and concisely.
5. Skill to coordinate with other staff, departments, officials, agencies, organizations, and the
6. Skill to interpret and apply rules, regulations, policies, and procedures.
7. Skill to prepare and maintain complex records and files in an automated system.
8. Skill in the use of computers and related equipment in a stand-alone or local area network
9. Skill to type 45 words per minute (with no more than 10 errors) preferred.
IV. ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS WITH OR WITHOUT REASONABLE ACCOMMODATION
A. Ability to walk, stand, sit, kneel, push, stoop, twist, reach above the shoulder, grasp, pull, bend
repeatedly, identify colors, hear with aid, see, write, count, read, speak, analyze, alphabetize,
lift and carry 15-44 lbs., perceive depth, operate a motor vehicle, and operate motor equipment.
B. Conditions include working inside, working around machines with moving parts and moving
objects, radiant and electrical energy, working closely with others, working alone, working
protracted or irregular hours, and traveling by car, van, bus, and airplane.
C. Equipment (machines, tools, devices) used in performing only the essential functions include
computer and related equipment, calculator, copier, fax machine, telephone, dolly, and