Criminal Justice Jobs With Masters Degree Criminal Investigator
You will fill in as a criminal agent answerable for directing or potentially managing examinations of suspected acquirement misrepresentation lawful offense infringement against the laws of the US and the Uniformed Code of Military Justice (UCMJ) in which the U.S. Armed force is, or might be, a gathering of intrigue. The Advertised post Criminal Justice Jobs With Masters Degree Criminal Investigator For the GS-12 and GS-13 position, you must meet the qualification requirement using experience alone-no substitution of education for experience is permitted.
Open & closing dates: 01/13/2020 to 01/22/2020
Pay scale & grade: GS 9 – 13
Salary: $55,182 to $169,300 per year
Appointment type: Permanent
Work schedule: Full-Time
Relocation expenses reimbursed: No
Telework eligible: Yes as determined by agency policy
Travel Required: Occasional travel – Up to 25% business travel is required.
Supervisory status: No
Promotion Potential: 13
There are four vacancies in the following locations:
- Irvine, CA 1 vacancy.
- Sacramento, CA 1 vacancy.
- Colorado Springs, CO 1 vacancy.
- Rock Island, IL 1 vacancy.
Criminal Justice Jobs With Masters Degree Criminal Investigator Requirements
Conditions of Employment
Arrangement might be dependent upon an appropriateness or wellness assurance, as controlled by a finished foundation examination. Must agree in writing to comply with management-directed permanent change of station (PCS) development to meet strategic. Must possess a valid motor vehicle operator’s license at the time of appointment, must maintain license while employed in the position, and will be required to operate a motor vehicle. Must qualify with and convey a gun. Must sign DA Structure 5019-R and must pass urinalysis testing as required preceding arrangement and occasionally from that point. Position is dependent upon arbitrary medication testing More likely than not finished the CID Fundamental Specialist Course, Government Law Implementation Preparing Center, Criminal Agent Preparing System, or comparable preceding or inside 1 year of work. Inability to do so will bring about expulsion from business. This position is dependent upon the Lautenberg Correction/Aggressive behavior at home Crime Alteration to the Firearm Control Demonstration of 1968. A medicinal assessment is required. Must record an underlying and yearly OGE-450, Classified Budgetary Revelation Report, through the chief to the Morals Adviser. Yearly morals or obtainment trustworthiness preparing is required.
Who May Apply Criminal Justice Jobs With Masters Degree Criminal Investigator:
Only applicants who meet one of the employment authority categories below are eligible to apply for this job. You will be asked to identify which category or categories you meet, and to provide documents which prove you meet the category or categories you selected. See Proof of Eligibility for an extensive list of document requirements for all employment authorities.
- 30 Percent or More Disabled Veterans.
- Current Department of Army Civilian Employees.
- Current Permanent Department of Defense (DOD) Civilian Employee (non-Army).
- Domestic Defense Industrial Base/Major Range and Test Facilities Base Civilian Personnel Workforce.
- Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan.
- Land Management Workforce Flexibility Act.
- Military Spouses, under Executive Order (E.O.) 13473.
- Non-Department of Defense (DoD) Transfer.
- Office of Personnel Management (OPM) Interchange Agreement Eligible.
- People with Disabilities, Schedule A.
- Priority Placement Program, DoD Military Spouse Preference (MSP) Eligible.
- Veterans Employment Opportunity Act (VEOA) of 1998.
- Veterans Recruitment Appointment (VRA).
In order to qualify, you must meet the education and/or experience requirements described below. Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student; social). You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience. Your resume must clearly describe your relevant experience; if qualifying based on education, your transcripts will be required as part of your application. Additional information about transcripts is in this document.
Specialized Experience is defined as:
- GS-09: One year of specialized experience in conducting criminal investigations at the GS-07 level.
- GS-11: One year of specialized experience in planning, developing, and conducting major fraud criminal felony investigations at the GS-09 level.
- GS-12: One year of specialized experience assisting in planning, developing, and conducting major procurement fraud criminal felony investigations at the GS-11 level.
- GS-13: One year of specialized experience in planning, developing, and conducting major procurement fraud criminal felony investigations at the GS-12 level.
You will be evaluated on the basis of your level of competency in the following areas:
- Criminal Investigation
- Interview and Interrogation
- Investigatory Analysis
Time in Grade Requirement: Applicants who have held a General Schedule (GS) position within the last 52 weeks must have 52 weeks of Federal service at the next lower grade or equivalent.
This position is included under the provisions of Special Retirement Coverage and may have both a maximum entry age and a mandatory retirement date.
For more information follow this link. Primary Law Enforcement Officer Criminal Justice Jobs With Masters Degree Criminal Investigator:
Law enforcement availability pay (LEAP): in the amount of 25% has been approved for this position. Applicants must agree to work an average of two hours extra per day to meet the requirements for LEAP as described in 5U.S.C.5545a(d)(1).
Physical Requirements: Incumbent may plan and participate in dangerous operations such as Sensitive Site Exploitations and Battlefield Interrogations. Performance of these kinds of duties requires moderate to arduous physical exertion involving walking and standing, use of firearms, and exposure to inclement weather. Manual dexterity with comparatively free motion of finger, wrist, elbow, shoulder, hip, and knee joints is required. Arms, hands, legs, and feet must be sufficiently intact and functioning in order that applicants may perform the duties satisfactorily. Applicants must possess sufficiently good vision, with or without glasses, each eye, in order that they may perform the duties satisfactorily. Near vision, glasses permitted, must be acute for the reading of printed material the size of typewritten characters. Hearing loss, as measured by an audiometer, must not exceed 35 decibels at 1000, 2000, and 3000 Hz levels. Since the duties of the position are exacting and responsible, and involve the activities under trying conditions, applicants must possess emotional and mental stability. Any physical condition, which would cause the applicant to be a hazard to him/herself or to others, will disqualify him for appointment
Education: Some federal jobs allow you to substitute your education for the required experience in order to qualify. For this job, you may qualify if your education meets the definitions below (Note: You must attach a copy of your transcripts.):
- GS-09: Master’s or equivalent graduate degree or at least two (2) full years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to such a degree from an accredited college or university in a field which demonstrates the knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary to perform the work of the position that would otherwise substitute for specialized experience.
- GS-11: Ph.D. or equivalent doctoral degree, or completed 3 full years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to such a degree, or completion of all requirements for an LL.M. degree from an accredited college or university in a field which demonstrates the knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary to perform the work of the position that would otherwise substitute for specialized experience.
Combining Education and Experience:
- GS-09: Having some specialized experience, but less than one year; and more than one year but less than two years of education as described in B. The total must be at least 100%. (To compute the percentage, divide your total months of qualifying experience by 12. Then divide your semester hours of graduate education in excess of 18 hours (total semesters hours minus 18) by 18. Add the two percentages. The total percentage must equal at least 100 percent to qualify.)
- GS-11: Having some specialized experience, but less than one year; and more than two years but less than three years of education as described in B. The total is at least 100%. (To compute the percentage, divide your total months of qualifying experience by 12. Then divide your semester hours of graduate education in excess of 36 hours (total semesters hours minus 36) by 18. Add the two percentages. The total percentage must equal at least 100 percent to qualify.)
For the GS-12 and GS-13 position, you must meet the qualification requirement using experience alone-no substitution of education for experience is permitted.
FOREIGN EDUCATION: If you are using education completed in foreign colleges or universities to meet the qualification requirements, you must show the education credentials have been evaluated by a private organization that specializes in interpretation of foreign education programs and such education has been deemed equivalent to that gained in an accredited U.S. education program; or full credit has been given for the courses at a U.S. accredited college or university. For further information,
The documents you are required to submit vary based on the authority you are using to apply (i.e., applying as a veteran, applying as a current permanent Federal employee, applying as a reinstatement, etc). Please review the following links to see which documents you need to provide to prove your eligibility to apply: Applicant Merit Checklist and Proof of Eligibility.
As described above, your complete application includes your resume, your responses to the online questionnaire, and documents which prove your eligibility to apply. If you fail to provide these documents, you will be marked as having an incomplete application package and you will not be considered any further.
1. Your resume:
Your resume may be submitted in any format and must support the specialized experience described in this announcement.
If your resume includes a photograph or other inappropriate material or content, it will not be used to make eligibility and qualification determinations and you may not be considered for this vacancy.
For qualifications determinations your resume must contain hours worked per week and the dates of employment (i.e., HRS per week and month/year to month/year or month/year to present). If your resume does not contain this information, your application may be marked as incomplete and you may not receive consideration for this position.
For additional information see: What to include in your resume.
2. Other supporting documents:
- Cover Letter, optional
- Most recent Performance Appraisal, if applicable
- Proof of Eligibility to Apply: Your application must include the documents which prove you are eligible to apply for the vacancy. The Proof of Eligibility document describes authorities commonly used in merit promotion recruitment and what document(s) are required to prove you meet the requirements of the authority. You must meet the requirements of at least one of the authorities listed in the Who May Apply section above to receive further consideration.
- Time-in-grade documentation: If you are applying for a higher grade and your SF-50 has an effective date within the past year, it may not clearly demonstrate you meet the one year time-in-grade requirement so you will need to provide an SF-50 which clearly demonstrates you meet the time-in-grade requirements (examples of appropriate SF-50s include Promotions, Within-grade Grade/Range Increases, and SF-50s with an effective date more than one year old).
- This position has an individual occupational requirement and/or allows for substitution of education for experience. If you meet this requirement based on education you MUST submit a copy of your transcript with your application package or you will be rated ineligible. See: Transcripts and Licenses
NOTE: Documents submitted as part of the application package, to include supplemental documents, may be shared beyond the Human Resources Office. Some supplemental documents such as military orders and marriage certificates may contain personal information for someone other than you. You may sanitize these documents to remove another person’s personal information before you submit your application. You may be asked to provide an un-sanitized version of the documents if you are selected to confirm your eligibility.
How to Apply
To apply for this position, you must complete the online questionnaire and submit the documentation specified in the Required Documents section above.
The complete application package must be submitted by 11:59 PM (EST) on 01/22/2020 to receive consideration.
- To begin, click Apply to access the online application. You will need to be logged into your USAJOBS account to apply. If you do not have a USAJOBS account, you will need to create one before beginning the application (https://apply.usastaffing.gov/ViewQuestionnaire/10694163).
- Follow the prompts to select your résumé and/or other supporting documents to be included with your application package. You will have the opportunity to upload additional documents to include in your application before it is submitted. Your uploaded documents may take several hours to clear the virus scan process.
- After acknowledging you have reviewed your application package, complete the Include Personal Information section as you deem appropriate and click to continue with the application process.
- You will be taken to the online application which you must complete in order to apply for the position.
- Complete the online application, verify the required documentation is included with your application package, and submit the application. You must re-select your resume and/or other documents from your USAJOBS account or your application will be incomplete.
- It is your responsibility to verify that your application package (resume, supporting documents, and responses to the questionnaire) is complete, accurate, and submitted by the closing date. Uploaded documents may take up to one hour to clear the virus scan.
- Additional information on how to complete the online application process and submit your online application may be found on the USA Staffing Applicant Resource Center.
To verify the status of your application, log into your USAJOBS account (https://my.usajobs.gov/Account/Login), all of your applications will appear on the Welcome screen. The Application Status will appear along with the date your application was last updated. For information on what each Application Status means, visit: https://www.usajobs.gov/Help/how-to/application/status/.